Green Campus Initiative Internship is a training programme designed to train students who are about to complete their studies and fresh graduates on environmental sustainability and sustainable practices. Trainees will be placed in sections related to their fields of expertise/interest under close supervision. Trainings will afford interns the opportunity to have a hands on experience as well as gain relevant skills that will be useful for their professional development. All majors (course of study) are welcome to apply.
WATCH VIDEO FROM 2017 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Gain practical experience suited to their field of study/interest.
- Have free access to Green Series and Conferences.
- Free access to Green Publications.
- Free or subsidized trainings on green entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Free Delicious Akara (beans cake) every thursday.
- Fun team events and board game nights!
- Bicycle- use during period of internship.
- Access to UN-Sustainable Development Network Events.
- One-On-One Mentorship with an industry expert or celebrity.
- Must be a student of an academic institution or graduates of not more than 2 years
- Must be available to participate in the Green Campus Boot camp
- Open to all nationalities
stage 1: Application and Aptitude Assessment
Once you have completed you application, we will email you an online test that measures logical reasoning and personality fit. Note that in your application, you will be asked to provide email addresses of your referees (at least 2 referees ). We will notify you if you advance to stages 2.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 15
stage 2: SUBMISSIONS
You will receive an email to submit the following:
- 60 Seconds Pitch
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendations (highlighting your potentials for growth and good behaviour)
SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: DECEMBER 4
STAGE 3: IN-PERSON INTERVIEW
A selected number of applicants will be invited for in-person interview based their aptitude test, recommendations and evaluations scores. If selected, you’ll receive an email two (2) weeks prior to the interview stage, inviting you to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and associates at the Green Institute.
INTERVIEW DATES: JANUARY 19-20
STAGE 4: ONE-Week Boot Camp
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in our one-week boot camp where they will work on a project. We are looking for:
- Team Work
- Open to learning and adaptation
BOOT CAMP DATES: JANUARY 20-24
STEP 5: ACCEPTANCE
The highest performing participants are accepted into our Internship Program.