About the NAEE Green Campus 2017
The Green Campus Edition is one of the sessions during the NAEE 2017 Conference. The Nigeria Alternative Energy Expo 2017 is biggest renewable energy event in Nigeria. The 7th #NAEE2017 will take place at the Shehu Musa Yar ‘ Adua Centre Abuja, from October 18- 20, 2017. Students (both undergraduate and postgraduate) and post-docs from Nigeria's top universities will come together in October with the country's leading renewable energy experts and researchers for the Nigerian Alternative Expo Conference, Green Campus Edition, an annual two-day seminar focusing on developments and exploration in the fields of renewable energy science, technology, and policy.
This year’s conference will focus around the theme: Sustainable Development Goals: What is the Tipping Point? (See sub-themes below)
Poster sessions, policy panel discussions, and academic presentations will demonstrate the broad scope of research activities being conducted at various universities in the country, while keynote talks from industry experts and an evening award gala will provide opportunities for discussion and networking amongst students and professionals.
Some tutorial sessions will introduce participants to fundamental concepts of renewable energy, and speakers will offer insight into the ground-breaking and collaborative work taking place at Nigeria's research institution.
Highlights from 2016
- Networking amongst more than 200 senior level energy sector experts and decision-makers planning and reforming the Nigeria energy sector.
- Community Service
- Hearing from expert speakers presenting the latest and best industry practice.
- Visiting over 100 leading energy suppliers showcasing the latest technologies, equipment and services.
- Reviewing policy and regulation, industry progress, and changing market trends.
- Establishing a remarkable presence in the Nigerian market
- Sourcing and commissioning of local agents for your products
Call for Papers
Participants are encouraged to submit and present original research articles and reviews under the following sub themes:
Sustainable Development Goals
- Ending poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Ending hunger and achieving food security through improved nutrition and sustainable agriculture
- Ensuring healthy lives and promoting well-being for all
- Ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education for all
- Achieving gender equality and empowering all women and girls
- Ensuring availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Ensuring access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy for all
- Promoting inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries
- Building resilient infrastructure and sustainable industrialization that fosters innovation
- Reducing inequality within and among countries
- Making cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Ensuring sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Taking urgent action to combat climate change and its impact
- Conservation of oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Protecting, restoring and promoting sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems
- Promoting peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development
- Revitalizing global partnership for sustainable development
Science and Technology
- Green Production and Consumption
- Applications of Green Processes in Industries
- Green Energy Production
- Prospects of Renewable Energy in Developing Countries
- Theoretical and Computational Approaches Related to Green Science
- Effects of Electromagnetic Radiation on Human Health
- Methodologies and Tools for Measuring Environmental Impact
- The Role of Microorganisms in Bioremediation and Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Research in Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Climate Change Mitigation, Adaptation and Monitoring
- Anthropogenic Global Warming
- Urban Sustainable Development and Environmental Science
- SDGs and Third World Countries
Humanities and Social Sciences
- Social Dimension of Mitigation and Adaptation policies
- Human-environment Interaction
- Innovations in Climate Policies Implementation in Developing Countries
- Culture and Behavioral Sciences in Third World Countries
Accepted papers will be published in the Green Journal, a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed journal focusing on various aspects of the sustainable development goals, environmental science, education, amd management. Decisions are fast and efficient; revision requests are well-organized and concise.
Three types of manuscripts may be submitted:
Full–length articles: These should describe new and carefully confirmed findings, and experimental procedures should be given in sufficient detail for others to verify the work. The length of a full paper should be the minimum required to describe and interpret the work clearly.
Short Communications: A Short Communication is suitable for recording the results of complete small investigations or giving details of new models or hypotheses, innovative methods, techniques or apparatus. The style of main sections need not conform to that of full-length papers. Short communications are of 2 to 4 printed pages (about 6 to 12 manuscript pages) in length.
Reviews: Submissions of reviews and perspectives covering topics of current interest are welcome and encouraged. Reviews should be concise and no longer than 4-6 printed pages (about 12 to 18 manuscript pages). Reviews are also peer-reviewed.
Anybody willing to present or publish paper must register for the conference and submit abstract. Full length paper should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participant Registration Fee: Participants are required to pay a N5,000 participation fee while GCI Ambassadors are to pay a sum of N2,000. Click here to register.
For Paper Presentation: Authors are required to pay a N5,000 assessment and handling fee. And subsequently a sum of N10,000 for article publication fee. Note that the payment of the handling fee is not a guarantee that the paper will be accepted for publication.
Green Campus Initiative
Stanbic IBTC Bank (0014694290)
Deadline for Submission
All abstracts should be emailed to email@example.com on or before September 20, 2017